Insurance & Benefits
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
There are several insurance plans available through PPS and EGID including health, dental, and vision plans. The links below provide detailed information regarding your options and coverage for each plan.
- Basic, Supplemental, and Age-Rated life insurance is available.
- NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES are eligible for guaranteed issue life insurance up to two times their annual salary. This is only available at initial enrollment. After employment, any life insurance enrollment or additions will require an application and approval by EGID and can only be requested during the option period.
- Don’t forget about the beneficiary designation form!
Employees who enroll in health insurance through Piedmont Public Schools will receive $615.90 per month.
Certified employees who DO NOT enroll in health insurance will receive $69.71 in lieu of.
Support personnel who DO NOT enroll in health insurance will receive $189.69.
Planning to retire and not sure of your insurance needs?
- Attend a webinar for information on your insurance needs at retirement. Easy and convenient webinars lead you through the process of continuing your insurance when you leave active employment.
- Review the Retirement Insurance Planning Guide and Checklist.