Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher at Piedmont Schools!
- Reports to the building principal or school secretary 30 minutes before school starts.
- Reviews all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences that effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned. This also includes assigning homework, grading material, etc. if necessary.
- Consults as appropriate, with the building principal, department head, or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the teacher's lesson plans.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and recess periods.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- $75/day for non-certified substitutes
- $85/day for certified substitutes
- $100/day for non-certified long-term substitute (more than 20 days in the same classroom)
- $150/day for certified long-term substitute (more than 20 days in the same classroom)
Piedmont Schools regularly hosts REQUIRED training and informational sessions for current substitutes and interested applicants. Attendees only need to be present at one training session.