Why Piedmont Public Schools?
We are excited to provide the best educational experiences for our students. Here are three ways we cultivate a student-centric community at Piedmont Schools:
1. TEACHER & STAFF SUPPORT*
We invest in our team, celebrate successes, and focus on building relationships.
2. INNOVATIVE CLASSROOM STRATEGIES
We create opportunities for our students to learn, question, and build knowledge.
We learn from each other, take ownership of our actions, and reflect on ways we can improve.
*Piedmont Public Schools aims to provide competitive benefits for our teachers and staff. Staff members can expect the following advantages as part of our team:
- Exclusive childcare center for PPS staff
- Ages birth to four-years old
- $160-180 per week
- Payroll deduct
- Free before & after school care for school-age children
- Upgraded amenities at every site due to community support in bond elections
- $42,000 base salary (1st year of teaching)
- District paid retirement
- Tuition reimbursement up to $600 per semester for continuing an advanced degree program
- Classroom Technology
- Mac Books and Smart Boards/Smart Panels are provided to teachers throughout our district.
- Piedmont is 1:1 on Chromebooks for students grades 3-12
- Our student population is growing an estimated six percent each year!
- PPS students consistently score above the state average on the ACT
- Community support
Join our dedicated team of teachers and administrators who work with you to ensure your success in the classroom. In addition, Piedmont’s involved families and supportive community put our school system above the rest!
“I love working at Piedmont Schools. I appreciate how our leaders invest in making our school a good place to work. I appreciate the opportunities for my children to learn and grow in the district.”
- Amy Lennertz, Piedmont District Teacher of the Year 2019-2020 and 2021 Oklahoma State Teacher of the Year Finalist
"Piedmont is the most caring, thoughtful, and happy place I have ever worked. The students, administration, staff, and parents have been supportive and generous. It is a wonderful community. "
- Steve Ham, Piedmont District Teacher of the Year 2021-2022
District Office: 405-373-2311